Thanks for a good first day of class! Holler at me if you have questions.
To do before class next week:
1. Watch Page One movie. This is a tale of disruption in one news organization (New York Times) but some of the lessons apply beyond journalism/news. As noted in class, it is available via Netflix, Hulu, hard copies in Meeman 300 if you are in Memphis, and possibly other places such as your local library.
2. Respond to the questions in this blog post in a comment on the post.
3. Start thinking. What is your best media business idea? Hint: Think about a problem you could solve or a pain you could cure. You don’t have to DO anything with this yet. Just marinate on it a bit.
4. Send me a short bio via email that I can post on the class blog. Also send me your Twitter handle with this so I can link to it with the bio.
5. Join the class Facebook group.
6. I don’t have specific quota or requirements for this, but please feel free to post articles, thoughts, questions, etc. on the Facebook group or on Twitter using the hashtag #jpreneur.
7. Finish readings for week one and do readings for week two.